- 2 tbsp Olive oilextra-virgin
- 1 cup Onionmedium , diced
- 1 cup Red bell pepperand green , diced
- Kosher Saltto taste
- Black pepperfreshly ground , to taste
- 4 Chicken Breastboneless, skinless
- 1 cup Cheddar cheeseshredded
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
This Cajun-Stuffed Chicken is a dish that I make each year without fail for my annual New Orleans inspired Mardi Gras feast. I love to gather a bunch of my oldest friends and family together to eat delicious food and to celebrate the spirit of the New Orleans carnival even if we are not there in person.
This stuffed cajun chicken is a fabulously simple dish when entertaining guests as you can prepare it in advance and simply throw it in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes before you are ready to serve.
To make Cajun-Stuffed Chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Cajun-Stuffed Chicken
Heat the oven
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Sauté onions and peppers
Prepare the chicken breasts
Stuff the breasts