- 8 Chicken thighsbone-in, skin-on
- 1 tbsp Olive oilor sunflower oil
- 1 Onionthinly sliced
- 4 slices Smoked Baconback , cut into roughly 2cm/¾ in slices
- 5½ oz Mushroomssmall , halved or quartered if larger
- 3 Carrotsmedium, peeled and cut into roughly 1.5cm/⅝ in slices
- ¾ oz Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Fresh thymeleaves, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 18 fl oz Chicken stockhot, made with 1 stock cube
- 1 Leekmedium , trimmed and cut into roughly ½-inch slices
- Saltto taste
- Black pepperfreshly ground , to taste
Easy Chicken Casserole
I love this Easy Chicken Casserole, and it is made with my favorite type of chicken meat – thighs. Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs are the most delicious things. Especially when the skin is crispy, and they are cooked until tender and falling off the bone.
To make this delicious casserole, start by frying chicken thighs until the skin is nicely browned. Saute onion, bacon and mushrooms. Transfer to a medium, lidded oven-safe pan or casserole. Add the carrots and flour and toss together well. Add thyme and pour in stock. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Add leeks and continue to cook for 15 minutes until the chicken and leeks are tender and the sauce has thickened. Serve immediately with rice or potatoes.
To make my Easy Chicken Casserole, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Easy Chicken Casserole
Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
Season chicken thighs
Saute onion, bacon and mushroom
Transfer to casserole dish