- 1 cup Bulguruncooked
- 1 cup Waterboiling
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 medium Cucumberseeded, chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup Red onionchopped
- 1/2 cup Cranberriessweetened, dried
- 1/3 cup Parsleyloosely packed fresh flat-leaf (Italian) , chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh mintloosely packed leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Orangespeeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup Walnutschopped , toasted
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) Feta cheesecrumbled
Fruited Tabbouleh with Walnuts and Feta
This Fruited Tabbouleh with Walnuts and Feta is my take on the Middle Eastern classic dish. Tabbouleh is a classic Middle Eastern salad which is usually made of finely chopped parsley, tomatoes, mint, onion, olive oil and lemon juice. In my take on tabbouleh though, I add some extra ingredients like dried cranberries, walnuts and feta cheese.
I start by rehydrating the bulgur which takes about an hour. Once the bulgur is fluffy, I stir in the orange juice, oil, cucumber, onion, cranberries, parsley, mint, orange peel and salt. Then I refrigerate it for a few hours. Right before serving, I stir in some orange chunks and sprinkle feta cheese and walnuts on top. Yum!
To make my Fruited Tabbouleh with Walnuts and Feta, you will need the following
So, how do you make Fruited Tabbouleh with Walnuts and Feta?
Steps to make Fruited Tabbouleh with Walnuts and Feta
Prepare the bulgur
Add the remaining ingredients
Cover and refrigerate