- 2 ½ lbs Tomatoesripe, red
- ½ lb OnionVidalia or sweet yellow onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ lb Cucumberpeeled, seeded, roughly cut into chunks
- 1 Red bell peppermedium, cored and seeded, roughly cut into chunks
- ¼ cup Basilfresh leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove Garliclarge, peeled
- 2 tbsp Sherry vinegaror red wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp Fine Salt
- Black pepperto taste, freshly ground
- ¼ cup Olive oilextra-virgin
Gluten Free Gazpacho
This Gluten Free Gazpacho is the ultimate no-cook recipe that is perfect for summer days when you do not want to fuss around with fancy cooking. It is bright, healthy, and delicious. Bonus? You can whip up this soup in 15 minutes flat with just a few simple ingredients and a blender.
Though classic gazpacho often contains bread for texture and body, I left it out for a gluten-free version of the famous Spanish soup. Instead, I purée half of the ingredients finely, then add the other half and pulse until they are chopped into small pieces. The end result is a well-balanced soup with perfect texture and small pieces of tomatoes, cucumber, and bell pepper worthy of your summer repertoire. Finish it off with the reserved tomato seeds, some chopped vegetables, basil leaves, and an extra sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper. Best served chilled.
To make the Gluten Free Gazpacho, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Gluten Free Gazpacho
Place a blender jar, a medium bowl, and a small bowl on the counter. Core 2 ½ pounds ripe red tomatoes and roughly cut into chunks. Reserve about ¼ cup of the tomato seeds and place them in the prepared small bowl to use them as a garnish. Add half of the tomato chunks to the blender and the other half to the prepared medium bowl.
Prepare bell pepper
Add salt to garnishes
Add onion chunks
Add remaining ingredients to blender
Add vinegar, salt, black pepper, and olive oil
Add reserved veggies