- 3 cups Orecchiette(tiny disk) pasta
- 2 Zucchinismall, thinly sliced
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoescut in half
- 2 Lemongrated peel and juice
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Feta cheesecrumbled
- ½ cup Basilchopped fresh leaves (plus sprigs for garnish, optional)
- ½ cup Pine nutstoasted, optional
- Saltto taste
- Black pepperto taste
Lemon-Pignoli Zucchini Pasta
Lemon-Pignoli Zucchini Pasta is an Italian cold entree dish that I love to make in the summer. This pasta dish combines many mediterranean flavors such as tomatoes, feta cheese, lemon and basil. It’s really easy to make and it’s a great dish to prepare in advance as it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
An optional tip is to toast the pine nuts before adding them to the dishas it will enhance the flavor. To do this, place the pine nuts in large pan. Place the pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Shake the pan frequently to ensure the pine nuts cook evenly.
To make my version of Lemon-Pignoli Zucchini Pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how do you make Lemon-Pignoli Zucchini Pasta?
Steps to make Lemon-Pignoli Zucchini Pasta
Drain and rinse
Assemble the salad.
Stir in the feta, basil and pine nuts