For the Cheese Puffs:
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Mustard powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Butterunsalted
- 4 Large eggsat room temperature
- 6 ounces Gruyère cheesegrated (about 1½ cups)
For the Ham Salad:
- 8 ounces Hamsmoked fully cooked , finely chopped
- 4 ounces Cream Cheeseat room temperature
- 2 Scallionsfinely chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsleyfresh flat-leaf , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Creole Mustard
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
Cheese Puffs with Ham Salad
These Cheese Puffs with Ham Salad are sandwich-like rolls and a great lunch or tea-time option to serve your guests.
I have included the recipe for making fresh, homemade cheese puff rolls using mustard, cayenne pepper and Gruyere cheese in the filling, making these more of a dish for a palette which doesn’t mind a bit of a kick.
Fill your tea-time sandwiches with a fresh and light ham and cream cheese salad that everyone loves and enjoys!
To make Cheese Puffs with Ham Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Cheese Puffs with Ham Salad?
Steps to make Cheese Puffs with Ham Salad
Preheat oven to 450 °F.
Combine dry ingredients
Boil water and butter
Add dry ingredients
Prepare ham salad