- ⅓ cup Olivespitted
- 1 tbsp Olive oilextra-virgin
- 2 tsp Lemon zestdivided
- 2 tbsp Lemon juicefresh , divided
- 2 tbsp Parsleyfresh chopped
- 1 tbsp Sunflower seedsroasted
- ¼ tsp Kosher Saltdivided
- ¼ tsp Black pepperfreshly ground, divided
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakescrushed
- 1 (5-oz) Canned tunasolid white albacore in water, drained
- 2 tbsp Fresh dillchopped
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaiseor plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ ounces Mozzarellalow-moisture , grated
- 4 thick slices BreadWhole-grain
Cheesy Tuna Melts with Olive Salsa
These Cheesy Tuna Melts with Olive Salsa are perfect for a kid’s afternoon playdate and elevate your cheesy sandwiches with a side of scrumptious olive salsa for the adults! Extra cheesy toasted sandwiches filled with albacore tuna, mayonnaise and mustard and a spicy olive salsa made from olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, roasted sunflower seeds and crushed red pepper flakes. Taste the gourmet!
To make Cheesy Tuna Melts with Olive Salsa, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Cheesy Tuna Melts with Olive Salsa
Combine olive salsa mix
In a mixing bowl, combine ⅓ cup of pitted olives, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon of roasted sunflower seeds, and ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. Stir until everything is well mixed together. Set the salsa aside until serving.
Combine tuna mix
Preheat the broiler to high.