- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp extra-virgin Olive oildivided
- 1 (16 oz) package shelf-stable Gnocchi
- 1 Yellow onionsthinly sliced
- 4 cloves Garlicminced
- ½ cup Water
- 6 cups Swiss chardor spinach leaves
- 1 (15 oz) can Diced tomatoeswith Italian seasonings
- 1 (15 oz) can White beansrinsed
- ¼ tsp freshly ground Black pepper
- ½ cup part-skim Mozzarellashredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheesefinely shredded
Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
This Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans is a really good recipe if you are looking for a quick yet wholesome and filling midweek meal. I love chard and I grow it every year with my kids in the garden. Chard is very nutritious with large, tender green leaves and thick, crisp stalks. We always look forward to the first chard harvest!
In this recipe, I start by cooking the gnocchi in olive oil. Then I sauté onions, garlic and add water. Next I add the chard leaves, tomatoes, beans and pepper before stirring through the gnocchi and cheeses. I serve this straight from the pan with a crisp green salad on the side.
To make my Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how do you make Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans?
Steps to make Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
Add garlic and water
Stir in the chard leaves
Mix in tomatoes, beans and pepper
Season to taste