- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlicminced
- 1 (14 ½ ounces) Can chopped tomatoesno-salt-added, undrained
- 3 cans (14 ½ ounces each) Vegetable broth
- 2 tsp Dried Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) cheese Tortellinirefrigerated
- 4 cups Baby spinachfresh
- Parmesan cheeseshredded, to taste
- Freshly ground Black pepperto taste
Spinach and Tortellini Soup
This Spinach and Tortellini Soup is very popular around many parts of Italy and after my first vacation to Florence, I just had to come back and reinvent the recipe for my own kitchen. A full dinner in just one soup bowl.
I use a cheese-filled, store bought tortellini, however, you may use whichever tortellini you like. Apart from Lent days my husband personally loves lamb tortellini so you can try that option too!
To make Spinach and Tortellini Soup, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Spinach and Tortellini Soup
Add broth and flavor