- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butterdivided
- 1 lb White French breadday-old, diced into ½-inch cubes and dried
- 2 ½ cups Yellow onionssmall, or 1 extra-large sweet Vidalia, diced
- 1½ cups Celerysmall, diced
- ⅔ cup Parsleyflat-leaf leaves, finely minced
- ¼ cup Sagefresh leaves, finely minced
- 3 tbsp Rosemaryfresh, sticks discarded, finely minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh thymesticks discarded, finely minced
- 1 tsp Saltor to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepperor to taste
- 2½ cups Chicken brothlow-sodium, divided
- 2 Large eggs
Classic Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing
This Classic Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing is my favorite accompaniment to our traditional turkey roast dinner this year. I love Thanksgiving dinner. I always put a lot of effort into making it just right for my family. It wouldn’t be the same without a giant bowl of this stuffing.
The secret to this stuffing is to start with really dry bread. If your bread isn’t super dry, the stuffing will be mushy. Brown onions and celery in butter and add to the bowl with bread. Add the parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, chicken broth and toss to combine. In a separate bowl, combine chicken broth and eggs and pour the mixture over the bread in a baking dish. Dot the top of the stuffing with butter. Bake until the top is golden brown and serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently.
To make Classic Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Classic Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing
Preheat the oven to 250 °F.
Heat oven and prepare baking dish
Cook onion and celery
Add herbs and chicken broth
Mix chicken broth and eggs
Add stuffing to baking pan
Dot butter on top