- 300 g Plain flourplus extra for dusting
- 140 g Unsalted buttercut into small pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 1 Eggsmedium
- 4 tbsp Watericed
- 85 g Unsalted butter
- 800 g Leeksliced lengthways then into 2.5-cm/1-inch pieces
- ½ tbsp Plain flour
- 300 ml Milk
- 200 ml Double cream
- 2 Eggsmedium
- 4 Egg yolksmedium, beaten together with the other eggs
- 100 g Gruyère cheesegrated
- 1 tsp MustardEnglish mustard
Creamed Leek Tart
Everyone in my house loves this Creamed Leek Tart – it is a delicious creamy treat that I make for Sunday lunch at least once a month. You can’t beat the slow sautéed leeks with a creamy eggy flavored filling.
Start by making pastry crust and chill the dough in the refrigerator for one hour. Blind bake the pastry in the oven with baking beans. Sauté leeks in butter slowly over low heat. Add flour, eggs, cheese and mustard. Once the pastry is blind baked, transfer the leek filling to the tart shell. Bake in the oven. Before slicing, rest the tart for 15-20 mins. Serve warm.
To make my Creamed Leek Tart, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Creamed Leek Tart
Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
Roll out pastry
Reduce oven heat
Reduce the oven to 355 °F.
Transfer filling to tart shell