- 1 tbsp Olive oilextra-virgin
- 2 links. 6-7 oz, Italian sausagehot, turkey, casings removed
- 2 cups Leekchopped, about 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, rinsed well
- 4 cloves Garlicthinly sliced
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 1 lb Potatoesnew or small, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cups Chicken brothlow-sodium
- 8 oz Spinachstemmed and chopped, about 8 cups
- 1 bunch Scallionssliced
- 1 15-oz can Cannellinipreferably no-salt-added, rinsed
- ½ cup Fresh herbschopped, such as dill, chervil, chives, parsley
Leek, Potato and Spinach Stew
This easy Leek, Potato and Spinach Stew recipe provides a fast, flavorful, and delicious dish. It is made with hot Italian turkey sausage, spring vegetables, and cannellini beans stewed in a silky white wine sauce until tender and rich. To further enhance the taste of your stew, serve each bowlful sprinkled with fresh herbs like dill, chervil, chives, or parsley. The choice is up to you!
This recipe calls for 1 cup dry white wine. One cup of wine will give the stew a richer taste. However, if you don’t have any leftover white wine sitting in the fridge that needs to be used, use more chicken broth instead.
To make the Leek, Potato and Spinach Stew, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Leek, Potato and Spinach Stew
Cook sausage and leeks
Add garlic and salt
Add potatoes and broth
Add spinach and scallions
This is a comforting and delicious stew! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Write your own review