- 4 (about 2½ lb. total) Chicken legsthigh and drumstick
- Kosher Salt
- 4 heads of Garlichalved crosswise
- 1 Lemonthinly sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- 1 Chili pepperred chile (such as Fresno), quartered lengthwise, seeds removed if desired
- 3 Bay leafor 5 sprigs thyme
- Black pepperfreshly ground
- ½ cup Olive oilextra-virgin
Roast Chicken Legs with Lots of Garlic
These Roast Chicken Legs with Lots of Garlic are one of the best New Year’s Eve dinner recipes I know. I love the flavor combination of garlic, lemon, chili, bay leaves and pepper and I know you will too. Prepare this in advance and just throw it in the oven when you are ready to cook it.
I start this dish by placing chicken in a dish and seasoning generously. Add flavorings such as garlic, lemon, chili, bay leaves, and a few grinds of pepper. Pour oil over the ingredients and toss everything to coat. Place garlic heads cut side down so they are in contact with the baking dish to help them brown. Roast chicken until it is falling off the bone. Serve with freshly baked bread.
To make the Roast Chicken Legs with Lots of Garlic, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Roast Chicken Legs with Lots of Garlic
Heat the oven
Preheat the oven to 325 °F.
Coat in oil
Place garlic head down