- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 pound Ground Beeflean (90% or leaner)
- 1½ tsp Caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 2½ cups Bell pepperfrozen and onion mix, thawed, chopped
- 1 Applesmedium sweet-tart cooking apple, unpeeled, diced
- 6 cups Beef brothreduced-sodium
- 1 15-ounce can Tomatoescrushed or diced
- 1 ½ tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Ground paprikapreferably Hungarian sweet
- 3 cups Savoy cabbageor green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Black pepperFreshly ground to taste
Sweet and Sour Beef Cabbage Stew
Asian inspired, German flavored, Sweet and Sour Beef Cabbage Stew made from ground beef and cabbage seasoned with caraway seeds and dried thyme gives this dish a uniquely hearty and filling touch.
I use bell peppers and sweet-tart apples to epitomize that sweet and peppery flavor combination with a tablespoon of vinegar mixed with honey and paprika for a second-serving dish!
To make Sweet and Sour Beef Cabbage Stew, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Sweet and Sour Beef Cabbage Stew?
Steps to make Sweet and Sour Beef Cabbage Stew