- 6 oz Cheddar cheesegood quality white cheddar cheese from a block, not pre-shredded
- 4 oz Unsalted buttersoftened
- 2 tsp Black peppercracked
- 1 ½ tbsp Thymefresh thyme leaves or 1 heaped tsp of dried thyme
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup All-purpose flourspooned and leveled
Thyme and Cheddar Cheese Cookies
These Thyme and Cheddar Cheese Cookies taste absolutely delicious and are completely moreish. They are fantastic alongside a cheese and charcuterie board. Cheddar cheese is a delicious addition to these cookies, but it can be quite salty, so reduce the added salt in the recipe if you are not into salty food.
To make the cookie dough, start by shredding cheddar cheese and combining it with butter, flour and seasoning with thyme, salt and pepper. Bring the dough together and roll into a log shape. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to bake. When baking, allow 10-12 minutes for a softer cookie texture. If you like your cookies to be crisp, bake for 15-20 minutes instead. Enjoy!
To make Thyme and Cheddar Cheese Cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Thyme and Cheddar Cheese Cookies
Bring dough together
Form a log
Cut into cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F.