- 1 (4 oz) Red bell pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Shallotsmedium, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlicfinely chopped
- Sea saltto taste
- Black pepperground, to taste
- ¾ cup Almond milkunsweetened
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- ¾ tbsp Cornstarchor arrowroot powder, or another thickener of choice
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakesoptional
- 6 oz Linguinegluten-free, or spaghetti noodles, or another noodle of choice
For serving (optional):
- Vegan Parmesan cheeseto taste
- Basilfinely chopped fresh . or parsley
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This easy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Creamy Pasta is my go-to spring and summer recipe. Gluten-free linguine tossed with roasted red bell pepper sauce and fresh herbs. It’s a bowl full of flavor and comfort. It’s easy to make, vegan, and so delicious!
This recipe is simple to follow. The first step is to char the red bell pepper. My preferred way to char peppers is in the oven. Just place the pepper on the baking sheet and roast in the oven until charred and soft. Then cover in foil and let steam. Meanwhile, sauté the shallots and garlic. Once you have peeled the peppers, add them to a blender along with sautéed shallot and garlic, almond milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Reduce the sauce until it thickens. Now, toss the red pepper sauce with gluten-free pasta, and done. Serve topped with vegan Parmesan cheese, fresh black pepper, basil leaves, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Enjoy!
To make the Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Creamy Pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Heat the oven to 500 °F.
Peel and discard seeds
Sauté shallot and garlic
Place sauce ingredients in blender