- 8 ounces (227 g) Semisweet chocolatebaking
- 8 ounces (227 g) Dark chocolate
- 2 1/2 ounces (70 g) Vegetable shortening
- 2.8 ounces (80 g) Puffed rice cereal
- 3 ounces (85 g) Almondsor hazelnuts, slivered or coarsely chopped
Chocolate Turron for Christmas
Chocolate Turron for Christmas is traditionally Spanish sweet candy that is mostly found in stores and eaten at Christmas time. We would compare something similar to a harder version being nougat or something softer like peanut butter, Turron is somewhere in between. Made with almonds giving a unique, rich and melt in your mouth flavor. The textures are full of surprises and quickly becomes a favorite with both adults and children and a staple Christmas treat for most families.
To make Chocolate Turron for Christmas, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Chocolate Turron for Christmas?
Steps to make Chocolate Turron for Christmas
Add the vegetable shortening
Add puffed rice and nuts