- 1 3/4 lb Chicken Breastboneless, skinless, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 tbsp Olive oilextra-virgin, divided
- 1 large Onionhalved and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Thymefreshly chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cloves Garlicminced
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1½ cup Beef brothlow-sodium
- 1 cup Gruyère cheeseshredded
- fresh Parsleychopped, for garnish (optional)
French Onion Chicken
This French Onion Chicken recipe is juicy, scrumptious and full of flavor. I love to make this recipe in the winter time as its warm and filling and the perfect dinner option for a cold and rainy evening.
I pair it with some soft mashed potatoes drizzled with extra onion gravy over the top and a glass of dry French white wine – a good Chardonnay accompanies the caramelized onion flavors just delightfully. Your tastebuds will be singing!
To make French Onion Chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make French Onion Chicken?
Steps to make French Onion Chicken
Add broth and caramelized onions