- Naan wrapsflatbread, cut into chunks
- 1 Eggplantslarge, cut into 3-cm cubes
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seedslightly toasted
- 1 tsp Garam masalalightly toasted
- ½ bunch Corianderwashed and roughly chopped
- ½ bunch Fresh mintwashed and roughly chopped
- 1 can Chickpeasdrained and rinsed
- ½ Red onionfinely sliced
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Green chililong
- 1 tbsp Mango chutney
- Juice of ½ Lemon
Indian Eggplant Salad
This Indian Eggplant Salad is a delicious vegetarian dish packed full of Indian flavors. I love Indian flavor combinations like spicy garam masala, cool mint and sweet mango chutney and this salad recipe makes perfect use of these ingredients.
Start by coating eggplant and chunks of naan with oil, spices and salt into a bowl. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Blitz yogurt, chili, mango chutney and lemon juice in a small food processor. Toss the cooled eggplant, naan, herbs, chickpeas and onion together in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the eggplant salad and toss well before serving.
To make my Indian Eggplant Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Indian Eggplant Salad
Preheat the oven to 355 °F.
Coat eggplant and naan bread
Toss salad ingredients