- 3 Chicken Breastskin-on, bone-in
- 1½ tbsp Poppy seeds
- ½ cup Walnutsor pecans, almonds, chopped and toasted
- ¼ cup fresh Chiveschopped
- ½ cup Dried apricotschopped (optional)
- 4 Whole-wheat pitashalved
- 1 Orangeslarge
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Sour creamor low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 stalk Celerychopped
- Lettucetorn leaves for serving
- freshly Ground pepperto taste
- Kosher Saltto taste
Poppy Seed Chicken Pitas
I love making these Poppy Seed-Chicken Pitas and taking them to work with me for lunch. Boiled chicken in some orange zest and cooked to a juicy perfection then tossed in a citrus dressing of mayonnaise, dijon mustard and sour cream with chopped celery, fresh chives, poppy seeds and crunchy nuts.
If you are cutting carbs, this salad is delicious by itself too, or enjoy it inside some warm freshly baked pita breads.
To make Poppy Seed-Chicken Pitas, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Poppy Seed-Chicken Pitas?
Steps to make Poppy Seed Chicken Pitas
Cover chicken in salt water
Add orange zest