- 1 cup White ricemedium-grain (or short-grain rice)
- 3 cups Water(to steep the spices in)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2-3 Cinnamon stick
- 6 whole Cloves
- 1 piece Fresh gingerabout 1-inch, peeled and sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) can Coconut milk
- 1 cup Water(to cook the rice in)
- ½ cup Golden raisins
- ¼ cup Coconut flakessweetened
- ½ cup Cane sugarwhite (or brown sugar)
- Cinnamongarnish: ground (to taste)
Arroz Con Dulce: Puerto Rican Rice Pudding
Arroz Con Dulce: Puerto Rican Rice Pudding which growing up we called coconut rice pudding and my grandmother used to make it all the time. A sweet, sticky treat that became a weekly pudding that we ate during the winter months. Coming home to the familiar smell of cinnamon, we knew what she was making. This is not a pudding that can be quickly made but it is so worth the time required to make it.
To make Arroz Con Dulce: Puerto Rican Rice Pudding, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Arroz Con Dulce: Puerto Rican Rice Pudding?
Steps to make Arroz Con Dulce: Puerto Rican Rice Pudding
Infuse spices in water
Add coconut milk and water
Add remaining ingredients
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover with the lid and cook, stirring a few times, for 20 minutes. Then, remove lid and continue to cook for another 15 minutes until the rice is fully cooked and creamy and all the water has been absorbed. If the rice is still not cooked, add about ¼ cup hot water and continue cooking until done.