- 6 cups Red cabbage½ medium , finely chopped
- ½ cup Sauerkrautwell drained
- ½ English cucumbersliced
- 1 Granny Smith applessliced into thin bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup Green onionchopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh dillfinely chopped
- 4 tbsp Olive oilextra virgin
- 1 tbsp White vinegaror to taste
- ½ tsp Sea saltor to taste
Red Cabbage Salad with Apple
This Red Cabbage Salad with Apple is a fantastic winter side salad. I love red cabbage and try to sneak it into loads of my dishes at this time of year. Did you know that red cabbage is very high in vitamin C and vitamin K so it will bring lots of nutrition to your table this winter.
To make this, start by chopping red cabbage and placing it in a large salad bowl. Mix in sauerkraut, cucumber, chopped dill and apple. Finally dress the salad using an olive oil and vinegar dressing. There you have it – a delicious side salad in under 20 minutes!
To make my Red Cabbage Salad with Apple, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how do you make Red Cabbage Salad with Apple?
Steps to make Red Cabbage Salad with Apple
Chop the cabbage
Squeeze excess moisture from sauerkraut
Add cucumber, apple, dill and green onion
Dress the salad