- 360 g / 1 ½ cups Bananasmashed, very ripe
- 60 ml / ¼ cup Neutral oilmild-tasting, coconut oil, or hazelnut butter
- 95 ml / ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp Soy milklukewarm if using coconut oil
- 60 ml / ¼ cup Coffeecooled or more soy milk
- 175 g / ¾ cup + 2 tbsp Demerara sugaror coconut sugar
- 50 g / ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Baking soda
- 180 g / 1 ½ cups All-purpose flouror gluten-free flour mix
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 100 g / 3 ½ oz Dark chocolatevegan 70%, finely chopped or chocolate chips
- Hazelnutschopped, raw, for decoration
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
This Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is the recipe I make most whenever I need to throw together a quick and easy dessert for my family or friends. The best part about this chocolate banana bread is that it can be made ahead of time, takes minimal prep and effort, and uses no dairy or eggs. You can also choose to use gluten-free flour, and any gluten-free guests can enjoy it too.
A bonus for this recipe: You will need only one mixing bowl, so clean-up is a breeze. Start by mixing the wet ingredients together. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently stir together until just combined. I also stirred in some finely diced dark chocolate to add in extra chocolate flavor. It is totally optional but truly delicious. Transfer the chocolate banana bread mixture to a loaf pan and top with raw hazelnuts. Bake until a skewer comes out almost clean with a few crumbs on it. Leave to cool completely before removing the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve! It’s melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
To make the Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Heat oven and prepare loaf pan
Mix wet ingredients
Add in dry ingredients
Sift in ½ cup cocoa powder, 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder and ¾ teaspoon baking soda, 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, and ½ teaspoon sea salt. Stir gently in a circular motion, starting from the center of the bowl and working out to the sides. This technique prevents a lumpy batter. The batter should be just pourable.
Stir in chocolate