- 3 cups Broccoli floretssmall , about 1-inch in size
- 12 oz Potatoesyellow, such as Yukon Gold, cut into ½ - ¾-inch pieces , about 2 cups
- 1 Sweet potatoeslarge , cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces , about 1 cup
- 1 Red onionsmall , cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Eggs
- 2 oz (½ cup) CheeseManchego, shredded
- ½ tsp Black peppercracked
Baked Eggs with Roasted Vegetables
This Baked Eggs with Roasted Vegetables is one of my favorite weekend brunch recipes. I love the super tasty roasted vegetables and the baked eggs when the whites have just set and the yolks are still slightly runny. I prepare the vegetables the day before and chill them in the refrigerator overnight.
To make this recipe, start by combining broccoli, yellow potatoes, sweet potato, onion, olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Toss to coat the vegetables and spread them in the prepared pan. Roast until they are tender and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and refrigerate for 8 – 24 hours. Preheat the oven and remove the cooked vegetables from the refrigerator. Once the veggies are at room temperature, place them in the oven to heat for 5 minutes. Remove and make six indents in the layer of vegetables. Crack an egg into each indent and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in the oven until the egg whites are set and yolks are starting to thicken. Season with pepper just before serving.
To make the Baked Eggs with Roasted Vegetables, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Baked Eggs with Roasted Vegetables
Heat oven and prepare baking dish