- 5 Potatoesmedium Yukon Gold potatoes about 1¾ pounds
- Kosher Saltto taste
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butterdivided
- 2 Leekwhite and pale-green parts only, sliced in half lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves Garlicthinly sliced
- 2 cups Savoy cabbageshredded from about ¼ large head, divided
- 1¼ cups Milk
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Black pepperto taste
- 1 Scallionsthinly sliced
This Colcannon Recipe is the well-known Irish dish, best described as a potato, kale, butter and milk mash, however, in my recipe I substitute kale with Savoy cabbage and thinly sliced leek for extra heartiness and depth of flavor.
I use one cup of wilted cabbage and 1 cup of raw cabbage that brings light, crunchy texture in between the smooth yet coarsely mashed potatoes.
To make Colcannon Recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Colcannon Recipe
Add milk and cream
Add potatoes and cabbage