- 4 tbsp Olive oilextra virgin
- 3 cloves Garliccrushed with the flat side of a knife
- 1 tbsp Parsleyfresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 8 oz Ground Beefgrass-fed
- 2 tsp Kosher Saltor sea salt, divided
- 1 (28-oz) jar Can chopped tomatoesor passata, purée of your choice
- 8 to 10 leaves Basilfresh Italian basil
- Black pepperto taste
Easy Spaghetti Sauce
It’s hard to imagine Italian cooking without an Easy Spaghetti Sauce. It has just eight ingredients, two of them are black pepper and salt, yet delivers a big flavor. This easy recipe features a rich blend of ground beef and tomatoes tossed with pasta and flavored with a generous amount of fresh torn basil. A good grating of Parmesan served on top is lovely and optional.
This spaghetti sauce is really simple. Start with the extra virgin olive oil. In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the crushed garlic and chopped parsley. Then add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until the beef begins to dry up. Add the tomato passata and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low for about one hour. Once the sauce is ready, adjust seasonings to taste and add the basil. Serve tossed with pasta, and enjoy!
To make the Easy Spaghetti Sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Easy Spaghetti Sauce
Cook garlic and parsley
Add tomato passata