- 3 heads Radicchiomedium, quartered
- 2 tbsp Olive oilextra-virgin
- 1 tbsp Fresh thymechopped
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepperfreshly ground
- 2 oz Pancettathinly sliced, or unsmoked bacon
- 1 Shallotslarge, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Walnutschopped, toasted
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- few sprigs Fresh thymeoptional
Roasted Balsamic Radicchio with Pancetta
Roasted Balsamic Radicchio with Pancetta and Walnuts is a delicious Italian-style side dish that will delight radicchio lovers. Though radicchio is a bitter vegetable, its bitterness mellows when roasted or grilled. I like to drizzle a bit of high-quality balsamic vinegar and honey over roasted radicchio, which tones down its bitter taste, too. To top things off, I add caramelized shallots, a handful of toasted walnuts and crispy, salty pancetta.
The recipe uses just a few ingredients but packs plenty of flavors that will tempt all your taste buds. Serve this flavorful dish alongside any protein or pasta for an Italian-style dinner and enjoy!
To make the Roasted Balsamic Radicchio with Pancetta and Walnuts, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Roasted Balsamic Radicchio with Pancetta
Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
Prepare radicchio for roasting