- 1 (16-oz) bag Stuffing cubes
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butterplus more for greasing the pan and topping
- 1 lb Sage sausagefresh sage sausage, casings removed
- 1 Onionmedium, chopped
- 2 Applescooking apples, such as Gravenstein, Rome, or Golden Delicious, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1-2 ribs Celerychopped
- Kosher Salt
- 3 cups Chicken brothhomemade or low-sodium canned
- ¼ cup Parsleychopped fresh flat-leaf
- ½ cup Walnutspieces, toasted
- 2 Large eggsbeaten
Sage, Sausage and Apple Dressing
Sage, Sausage and Apple Dressing is a really nice addition to your Thanksgiving table. Don’t be fooled by the title of this recipe, it really is more like a stuffing than a dressing but I can guarantee it’s delicious and your guests will love it! My top tip is to cook the dressing in the oven during the last hour of cooking the turkey.
I start by cooking sausage and adding it and the pan drippings to the stuffing cubes. Next I fry up onion, apple, and celery in butter until the vegetables soften before adding broth and parsley and bringing it to a boil. Pour the vegetable mixture over the sausage and stuffing cubes and mix until evenly moistened. Mix in walnuts and eggs and bake in the oven until a crust forms on top. After 40 minutes, drizzle 2 tablespoons of turkey pan drippings or melted butter over the top and continue to cook until the top is crisp and golden.
To make Sage, Sausage and Apple Dressing, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Sage, Sausage and Apple Dressing
Heat oven and prepare baking dish
Set stuffing cubes aside
Add sausage to stuffing cubes
Transfer to stuffing cubes
Add eggs and walnuts
Transfer to casserole dish
Well done! Approved!
Write your own review