- 5 medium fresh washed Beetswithout tops
- 2 cups English cucumbermedium-diced, seeds removed
- ½ cup Scallionschopped, white and green parts
- 2 tsp fresh Dillchopped, plus extra for serving
- 2 cups Chicken stockpreferably homemade
- 16 ounces Sour creamplus extra for serving
- ½ cup plain Yogurt
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juicefreshly squeezed
- 2 tsp Champagne vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- 1½ tsp Black pepperfreshly ground
Gluten Free Summer Borscht
A bisque-like cold soup, this Gluten Free Summer Borscht is a really delicious and nutritious summer recipe choice. A sour soup, originating in Eastern Europe with a beetroot base that gives your bowl a pinkish punch.
My recipe includes diced cucumber, scallions and fresh dill to fill the gaps and I also add a unique sour cream, which most recipes don’t have. Not your typical first course, but definitely worth giving your guests a hint of culture!
To make Summer Borscht, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Summer Borscht?
Steps to make Gluten Free Summer Borscht
Drain and strain beetroot and liquid
Prepare soup mix
Add vegetables to soup
Thank you, Nina!
Perfect for this Summer!
Write your own review