- 5 medium fresh washed Beetswithout tops
- 2 cups English cucumbermedium-diced, seeds removed
- ½ cup Scallionschopped, white and green parts
- 2 tsp fresh Dillchopped, plus extra for serving
- 2 cups Chicken stockpreferably homemade
- 16 ounces Sour creamplus extra for serving
- ½ cup plain Yogurt
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juicefreshly squeezed
- 2 tsp Champagne vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- 1½ tsp Black pepperfreshly ground
Gluten Free Summer Borscht
A bisque-like cold soup, this Gluten Free Summer Borscht is a really delicious and nutritious summer recipe choice. A sour soup, originating in Eastern Europe with a beetroot base that gives your bowl a pinkish punch.
My recipe includes diced cucumber, scallions and fresh dill to fill the gaps and I also add a unique sour cream, which most recipes don’t have. Not your typical first course, but definitely worth giving your guests a hint of culture!
To make Summer Borscht, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Summer Borscht?
Steps to make Gluten Free Summer Borscht
Drain and strain beetroot and liquid
Prepare soup mix
Add vegetables to soup