- 2 tbsp Vegetable oilor peanut oil , or canola
- ½ cup Cashewsraw, unsalted
- 1 Garlic clovefinely minced
- ½ Onionbrown, yellow, or white, cut into thin wedges
- 200g/7 oz Chicken thighsskinless and boneless, sliced into 1/3-inch thin strips
- 2 Green onioncut into 1-inch pieces, white part separated from the green part
- ½ Cayenne pepperred, deseeded and finely sliced on the diagonal, omit or reduce to taste
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Soy saucedark
- 2 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Sugarwhite
- 3 tbsp Water
- Red chilifinely sliced, optional
- Jasmine ricecooked, or other rice of choice
Thai Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
Looking for an easy weeknight chicken dish? Keep things simple with this delicious Thai Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry recipe! Full of savory Thai flavors that will warm you up, this is one chicken recipe you won’t get tired of. Plus, the recipe is fast and easy to prepare and makes a fine and warming one-bowl meal. Serve it over jasmine rice, sprinkled with extra chili slices, and enjoy!
This healthy Thai cashew chicken recipe is easy to make in under 15 minutes. Set out all your ingredients first. Then prepare the sauce. Mix the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and some water in a small bowl and set aside. Next, stir-fry the cashews in oil until dark golden and crunchy. Remove the nuts with a slotted spoon and set aside. Then stir-fry the onions and garlic. Add the chicken and stir-fry until the outside changes from pink to white. Add in the white part of the green onions and the sliced chili and cook for another minute until the chicken is just cooked through. Now, stir in the sauce. Finally, add the green part of the onions and the toasted cashews, tossing to make sure everything is well-coated. The leftovers (if any) will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To make the Thai Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Thai Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
Cook garlic and onion
Add white part of green onion and chili
Add green part of green onions and cashews
Better than takeout! Thanks for quick and delicious recipe.
Write your own review