- 12 Wonton wrappers
For the Dressing:
- 1 Garlicsmashed
- 1½ tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 2½ tsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp Canola oilor grape seed, vegetable or other neutral flavoured oil
- 1 tsp Honeyor sugar
- 1-2 Chili pepperbird's eye chili, deseeded and finely chopped (or 1-2 tsp of chili paste or hot sauce
For the Chicken Salad:
- 1½ cups Chickencooked , shredded
- 1½ cups Cabbagefinely shredded
- ¾ cup Carrotsfinely julienned
- ¼ cup Scallionsor shallots, finely chopped
For the Garnish:
- Sesame seeds
- Cilantroor fresh coriander, leaves
Thai Chicken Salad Wonton Cups
These Thai Chicken Salad Wonton Cups bring Thai inspired flavors to a traditional American chicken salad recipe. With a salad made from shredded chicken, cabbage, carrots and shallots and tossed with a soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, honey, chili and canola oil dressing then stuffed into crispy wonton wrappers for a perfect aesthetic serving.
Not only do they look beautiful and delicate, they are a wonderful party catering idea because they feed a few and taste delicious.
To make Thai Chicken Salad Wonton Cups, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Thai Chicken Salad Wonton Cups
Preheat the oven to 320 °F.
Prepare wonton wrappers
Bake wonton wrappers
In a jar, fill with 1 smashed garlic clove, 1½ tablespoons of lime juice, 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar, 2½ teaspoons of fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of soya sauce, 1½ tablespoon of canola oil or other of your choice, 1 teaspoon of sugar or honey, and 1-2 bird's eye chili. Shake to combine all the ingredients well then set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate together.