For the salad:
- 8 cups Romaine lettucechopped romaine and/or iceberg lettuce
- 6 oz Turkey breastscooked, chopped
- 1 Cucumberseeded and chopped
- 1 Tomatoeschopped
- 2 Eggshard-cooked, chopped
- ⅓ cup Cheddar cheeseshredded reduced-fat sharp
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dried Italian seasoningsnipped fresh basil, thyme, and/or oregano
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp Black pepperground
Chopped Chef’s Salad
I make a batch of this Chopped Chef’s Salad each weekend to have for lunch during the week ahead. This has been my secret to healthy eating while being a working mom. We all know how hard it is to keep everything going when the kids are at school. Batch making my lunch at the weekend gives me one less thing to worry about during the week!
I layer the ingredients for this salad into four containers which I refrigerate. I prepare the dressing by shaking vinegar, olive oil, basil, mustard, and pepper into four small jars. Each morning I take a salad and dressing from the refrigerator. When I am ready to eat my lunch, I drizzle the dressing over the salad and tuck in.
To make my Chopped Chef’s Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how do you make Chopped Chef’s Salad?
Steps to make Chopped Chef’s Salad
Assemble the salad
Prepare the dressing
Dress the salad