- 1 ½ cups White rice
- 1 large Red capsicumsthinly sliced
- 4 leaves Iceberg lettuceroughly chopped
- 4 Green onionthinly sliced diagonally
- 2 stalks Celerythinly sliced
- 1 red Applescut into 1cm cubes
- ½ cup Parsleyfresh flat-leaf leaves
- ¼ cup Almondsslivered, toasted
For the dressing
- 2 tsp Whole grain Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Mayonaise
Crunchy Rice Salad
Crunchy Rice Salad is one of those recipes that comes to mind first when I am making food for a cookout or pot luck meal. There are a few reasons for this. It is really simple to make, tastes absolutely delicious and I can usually make it up with ingredients I have in the house, so I don’t need to make a special trip to the store. Bonus!
To make this salad, I start by cooking rice according to the directions on the package. Then I assemble the rest of the salad ingredients and whip up a simple dressing from mustard, mayo and lemon juice. I mix everything together and there you have it. A delicious salad in only 35 minutes.
To make my version of Crunchy Rice Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how do you make Crunchy Rice Salad?
Steps to make Crunchy Rice Salad
Cook the rice
Assemble the salad
Make the dressing