- ¼ cup Miso
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Gochujang pepper pasteor Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp Sesame oiltoasted
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 boneless, (about 4 lb) Pork shoulderquartered, excess fat trimmed
- 8 whole leaves Lettuceto taste
- 8 Radishesfinely sliced, to taste
- 1-2 Cucumbersfinely sliced
- 1 Green onionfinely sliced
Healthy Low Carb Korean Pork Lettuce Wraps
Healthy Low Carb Korean Pork Lettuce Wraps, known as “ssäm” in Korea, are a very popular dish in Korean households. Typical ssäm are made by wrapping tasty slow cooked meat like pork in leafy vegetables like lettuce. I marinate the pork shoulder before cooking to infuse it with the flavors of miso, soy, sesame oil and hot sauce like gochujang pepper paste or Sriracha.
This is a super healthy low carb meal which I serve with radishes, cucumbers and green onions. To assemble these wraps, simply take a leaf and spoon some of the shredded pork into it. Add a drizzle of gochujang pepper paste or Sriracha and wrap it up. Eat and repeat!
To make Low Carb Korean Pork Lettuce Wraps, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Low Carb Korean Pork Lettuce Wraps?
Steps to make Healthy Low Carb Korean Pork Lettuce Wraps
Prepare the marinade
Marinate the pork
Cook the pork