For the salad:
- 4 Ears of cornlarge, husked & rinsed
- 1 Red bell pepperlarge, seeded & small diced
- 1 Jalapeño pepperseeded & small diced
- 1 Red onionsmall, finely diced
- 8-10 oz Queso fresco cheese
- 1 Avocadolarge, pitted, peeled & cubed
- Kosher Saltto taste
- Black pepperfreshly ground , to taste
For the cilantro lime vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup Lime juice2-3 juicy limes
- ¼ cup Rice vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Canola oilor vegetable
- ½ cup Cilantrostems removed
Corn Salad with Queso Fresco
Corn Salad with Queso Fresco is a delicious Mexican inspired salad that I love to whip up for lunches any time I have a batch of queso fresco in my fridge. Queso fresco is a lovely light alternative to feta in salads and I think it tastes amazing paired with avocado, corn and jalapeno pepper in this recipe.
Start by grilling the corn ears until they are nicely charred. As the corn is grilling, prepare the cilantro lime vinaigrette by blending lime juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and sugar in a food processor or blender. Add oil and cilantro. Assemble the salad by placing corn, peppers and onion in a large bowl. Crumble in the queso and add the cilantro lime dressing. Toss well to coat and add the avocado slices just before serving.
To make Corn Salad with Queso Fresco, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Corn Salad with Queso Fresco
While the corn cooks, blend ⅓ cup of lime juice, ¼ cup of rice vinegar, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a food processor or blender. Pour in 1 cup of oil in a slow steady stream while the blender is running. Add ½ cup of cilantro and continue to blend until fully incorporated.
Add queso fresco and dressing