- 3 tbsp Soy saucelow-sodium, use tamari for gluten-free
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chili garlic sauce
- Saltto taste
- Black pepperto taste
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breastskinless, boneless or thighs, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tsp Avocado oil
- 2 tsp Sesame seedstoasted
- 1–2 heads Romaine lettucehearts, or butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, and dried
- 1/2 English cucumberthinly sliced on a diagonal or 2–3 mini cucumbers
- 4 Green onionthinly sliced on diagonal
- Cilantrofresh leaves
- Limewedges, to serve, optional
- Sweet chili sauceto serve, optional
Korean Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Korean Chicken Lettuce Wraps are fast and easy to prepare and make for a delicious gluten-free dinner. Stuffed with spicy chicken strips, cucumbers, green onions, and cilantro, these stunning leafy wraps, drizzled with sweet chili sauce, offer a fresh spin on classic Korean chicken wraps.
Start with the chicken. If the chicken breasts are too thick, slice them in half lengthwise and then into thin strips. Next, prepare the marinade and marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour. Finally, cook the chicken and assemble the wraps. Use any type of lettuce for these low-carb chicken wraps – think iceberg lettuce, butter lettuce, Romaine hearts, or pre-packaged lettuce wraps. Store the leftover chicken and toppings in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
To make the Korean Chicken Lettuce Wraps, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Korean Chicken Lettuce Wraps
In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons avocado oil and add the chicken with the marinade. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Don’t overcrowd the skillet. Cook the chicken in batches if needed. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sesame seeds over the cooked chicken.
Assemble chicken wraps