For the salad
- 1 (15-ounce) can White beanssuch as Great Northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoeshalved
- 1/3 cup Parsleycoarsely chopped
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup Olive oilextra virgin
- 3 cloves Garlicpeeled and smashed
- 1 3-inch sprig Rosemaryfresh
- 3 fillets Anchovycoarsely chopped (optional, omit for vegetarian option)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheesefreshly grated (or substitute for vegetarian hard-cheese)
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepperfreshly ground
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
White Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
This White Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad is a great summer salad. When I make this salad, I tend to omit the anchovy and Parmesan cheese, but I learned this recipe from a friend who swears by including these ingredients. I will leave it up to you!
I often make this as a filling midweek meal or you could serve it as a cold side dish. It tastes absolutely delicious – the beans have a really creamy texture.
To make this salad, I start by making a rosemary and garlic infused olive oil. Then I make a paste with the garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice. I mix this paste with the beans before finally mixing in the infused olive oil, tomatoes, and parsley. Yum – I think you’re going to really love this one!
To make this version of White Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how do you make White Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad?
Steps to make White Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
Make the dressing
Allow the oil to infuse
Remove the flavorings and reserve oil
Make a paste
Mix the paste with the beans
Combine the remaining ingredients