- 2 oz Breadbakery white or rye, torn into small pieces, about 1 cup
- 6 tbsp Olive oildivided
- 2 tsp Kosher Saltdivided
- 1 ¾ tsp Black pepperdivided
- 2 heads Broccolimedium, stems trimmed to 3 inches and heads cut lengthwise into 8 , ¾-inch thick steaks
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoesabout 10 oz
- 1 Red onionsmall, cut into 1-inch wedges root trimmed
- 4-8 tbsp Vegetable stockunsalted
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butterchilled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup Tapenadejarred
Roasted Broccoli Steaks with Tomato Butter
Enter these Roasted Broccoli Steaks with Tomato Butter! It’s the ultimate vegetarian dish for Thanksgiving dinner! It offers simple ingredients, minimal prep, and maximum flavor. I cook a variety of dishes for Thanksgiving dinner, and vegetarian dishes are among the most popular at my family reunions. So if you have wanted to learn how to make vegetarian broccoli steaks, this is a recipe for you.
This recipe serves four so depending on how big your crowd is, make sure to increase the ingredients. The secret to this recipe is the homemade tomato butter sauce. It gets its flavor from the combination of roasted cherry tomatoes and onions, vegetable stock, and butter. Serve the roasted broccoli steaks over tomato butter and topped with tapenade and toasted croutons.
To make the Roasted Broccoli Steaks with Tomato Butter, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Roasted Broccoli Steaks with Tomato Butter
Preheat the oven to 475 °F.
Prepare bread for roasting
Heat baking sheet
Transfer tomatoes, onion, and stock to blender
Add butter and season