- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Eggplantscut into chunks
- 2 Garliccloves, crushed
- 16 Sun-dried tomatoesroughly chopped, plus 1 tbsp of their oil
- 2 tsp Dried oreganodivided
- 400 g Spinachwashed
- 50 g Plain flour
- 400 ml Milk
- 125 g Cheddar cheesegrated, plus extra to top
- 800 g Potatoes mashready-made, fresh not frozen
Italian Veggie Cottage Pie
Italian Veggie Cottage Pie is a delicious veggie recipe which will satisfy meat lovers too. Cottage pie is an old British classic, but this version gets an Italian twist with the addition of Mediterranean ingredients like sundried tomato, spinach and eggplant.
To make this, prepare a vegetable cottage pie sauce in an ovenproof dish using eggplant, onion, garlic, sundried tomato and spinach. Top with mashed potato and a sprinkle of Cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven until golden and enjoy!
To make Italian Veggie Cottage Pie, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Italian Veggie Cottage Pie
Preheat the oven to 430 °F.
Add garlic, tomatoes, oregano and spinach
Top with mashed potato