For the cake:
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- Wateras called for on cake mix box
- Vegetable oilas called for on cake mix box
- Eggsas called for on cake mix box
- 1 can (14-oz) Condensed milksweetened, not evaporated
- ½ cup Coconut flakes
- ½ cup Pecanschopped
For the frosting:
- ½ cup Butteror margarine, softened
- 4 cups Powdered sugar1 box (1 lb)
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened cocoa powderbaking
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ⅓ cup Milk
German Chocolate Sheet Cake
This German Chocolate Sheet Cake reminds me of childhood memories that I spent in Germany with my cousins. When I was a teenager, I traveled every summer to a small town close to Frankfurt in Germany. One of my favourite things about those summer holidays were the delicious baked goods, just like this cake.
To make the cake, start by baking German chocolate cake mix for about 15 minutes. Top with a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, flaked coconut and chopped pecans and broil until golden. To make the frosting, combine butter, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla and milk until smooth and slather all over the cake. Simple. Delicious.
To make German Chocolate Sheet Cake, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make German Chocolate Sheet Cake
Preheat oven and prepare baking pan
Turn on broiler
Switch the oven to the broil setting.