- 2 tsp Coconut oilor neutral vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups (277 g) Basmati riceor jasmine rice, rinsed in a mesh strainer under cold water
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) Wateror coconut water
- 1 cup (250 ml) Coconut milkcanned unsweetened full-fat
- 2 tsp Coconut sugaror granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Cardamom podswhole green, optional
- Cilantrochopped fresh, or mint, or basil leaves
- Sesame seeds
- Hot sauceor chutney
Thai Coconut Rice
This Thai Coconut Rice is perfectly fluffy, rich, flavorful, and so delicious. The recipe is easy to make and pairs really well with Asian-style dishes. Adding ripe avocado, some fresh herbs, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, or your favorite chutney for garnish makes everything just perfect.
This recipe is best made with jasmine or basmati rice. The secret to perfectly cooked coconut rice? First, rinse the rice until the water that drains away runs almost clear. Then, use full-fat canned coconut milk for best results, and you’ll be rewarded with an exceptionally flavorful dish. Remember to shake the can before you open it to mix the coconut cream at the top with the liquid. Finally, allow the rice to steam covered for 10 minutes after the heat is off for the truly fluffy rice. Serve and enjoy!
To make the Thai Coconut Rice, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Thai Coconut Rice
Heat oil and add rice
Add water, coconut milk, sugar and salt
Coconut rice is buttery, fragrant and completely addicting!
Write your own review