- 1 ½ cups Chickencooked, or turkey , roughly chopped
- 4–5 strips Baconuncooked, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlicof garlic, minced
- 2 Tomatoesfresh red , pulp removed and diced
- ½ cup Scallionsfinely chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheesegrated
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp Fresh thymechopped leaves, optional
- 1 Eggsbeaten
- 20 squares Frozen puff pastry4 x 4-inch, mostly defrosted
- Sea salta light sprinkling
- Black pepperfreshly cracked
Chicken and Bacon Puffs
These Chicken and Bacon Puffs are so delicious. Flaky puff pastry stuffed with a savory filling made from chicken and bacon, tomatoes, garlic, scallions, and cheese. I always fold my savory puffs into a triangle, making them easy to hold and eat from your hand.
Start by making the savory filling for the puffs. I always use semi-frozen puff pastry when I make these puffs. Lay out puff pastry squares on baking paper. I allow the pastry to defrost enough that I can handle it without it falling apart. When you are folding the filled pies, I find it can be easier to pick up the pastry sheet and fold it in your hands rather than folding it over flat on the oven tray.
To make my Chicken and Bacon Puffs, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Chicken and Bacon Puffs
Heat oven and prepare baking sheet
Combine 1½ cups of roughly chopped cooked chicken with 4–5 strips of finely chopped uncooked bacon, 3 minced cloves of garlic, 2 diced fresh red tomatoes, ½ a cup of finely chopped scallions, 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of mayo, and ½ a tablespoon of freshly chopped thyme leaves in a large mixing bowl. Lightly season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
Prepare pastry squares