- 2 (10-oz) packages Spinachdefrosted, squeezed dry and chopped
- 2 Scallionsfinely chopped
- 2 tbsp Dillfinely chopped
- 2½ oz Feta cheesein brine, crumbled
- 2 cloves Garlicminced
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- Kosher Saltto taste
- ¼ tsp Black pepperfreshly ground, plus more to taste
- 1 (17.3-oz) package Frozen puff pastry2 sheets, defrosted for at least 8 hours in a fridge
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flourfor rolling
- 1 Eggsbeaten
Spinach and Feta Tarte Soleil
This Spinach and Feta Tarte Soleil is an easy and impressive appetizer that can be whipped up in less than one hour, and no fancy ingredients are required. Though this recipe is French-inspired, it’s actually a pull-apart puff pastry with a savory spinach and feta filling that is super easy to prepare. This flaky, crispy crust loaded with a flavorful spinach-cheese center will please everyone at the dinner table for sure.
Also, you can prepare this savory “sun tart” a day before or in the morning of the day you want to serve it. Just assemble the tarte up until baking, cover loosely with parchment paper and leave it in the fridge. When ready to serve, toss it in the oven straight from the fridge, bake and enjoy! I like to serve this tarte with a simple sour cream and dill dip to complement the tarte’s strong flavor.
To make the Spinach and Feta Tarte Soleil, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Spinach and Feta Tarte Soleil
Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
Brush pastry with egg wash