- 2 oz Cashewsunsalted, raw, soaked, drained and rinsed
- 1 Carrotspeeled, finely diced
- 3 Carrotspeeled, roughly chopped
- 2 ½ tbsp Sherry vinegardivided
- 2 Green onionfinely sliced, reserve 1 tbsp for topping
- 8 oz Tomatoespeeled and roughly chopped
- 4 oz Cucumberpeeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Red bell pepperroughly chopped
- 1 clove Garlicsmall, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Gingerfinely grated
- 3 tbsp Olive oilextra-virgin, plus extra to drizzle
- ½ tsp Caster sugar
- 1 cup Watercold
- Saltto taste
- Black pepperto taste
Carrot & Ginger Gazpacho
This cold Carrot & Ginger Gazpacho is a fresh take on a traditional Spanish soup. Our version has no bread and uses soaked cashews to give this vegan gluten-free dish a thick and creamy base. Made with raw vegetables, it’s the best and easiest way to eat your veggies.
Start with the cashews. The night before you plan to make the soup, cover the raw cashews with cold water and let them soak in the fridge overnight. If you are in a time crunch, you can quick-soak the cashews. Place them in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and immediately remove the pot from the heat, cover with a lid, and let soak for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the topping. In a small bowl, toss one finely diced carrot with a splash of sherry vinegar and set aside. Next, drain the cashews and add them to a high-speed blender. Dump the remaining ingredients into the blender and give it a good whirl. Serve immediately with ice cubes or chill until needed. Garnish with the pickled carrots and fresh green onions. Enjoy!
To make the Carrot & Ginger Gazpacho, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Carrot & Ginger Gazpacho
Prepare pickled carrot topping
Add ingredients to blender
To a high-speed blender, add 2 ounces soaked cashews, 3 roughly chopped carrots, 2 tablespoons finely sliced green onions, 8 ounces peeled and roughly chopped tomatoes, 4 ounces chopped cucumbers, 1 chopped red bell pepper, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, ½ teaspoon sugar, and 1 cup fresh cold water. Add a good pinch of salt and black pepper.