- 100g/3.5 oz Chinese noodlesdried or 200 g/ 7 oz fresh white wheat noodles
- 2 cloves Garlicminced
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh gingerminced or grated
- 1/3 cup/ 85 g Peanut buttercreamy or chunky
- 2-3 tbsp Waterhot, depending on desired sauce consistency
- 1 tbsp Soy sauceThai black or 1 tsp Chinese dark soy sauce, plus ½ - 1 tsp sugar to taste
- 2 tsp Soy saucelight
- 2 tsp Fish sauceor vegan fish sauce to keep the dish vegan
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Lime juiceoptional
- 2 tsp Chili oiloptional
Perfect Peanut Noodles
Noodles dressed with peanut butter are a Chinese-American staple that is easy to make at home with this Perfect Peanut Noodles recipe. It is a simple yet delicious dish to prepare in just 20 minutes. Apart from the noodles, there’s no cooking involved. Just mix the sauce ingredients together and toss with the cooked noodles.
The sauce is made simply from garlic, fresh ginger, peanut butter, Thai black soy sauce, light soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, and chili oil. I think Thai black soy sauce and chili oil are what make the dish. However, you can use a mixture of Chinese dark soy sauce and sugar to replace Thai black soy sauce and leave the chili out. If you want to turn this simple dish into a hefty meal, feel free to add fried tofu, or beans for some plant-based protein. You can also choose to add some chicken or any vegetables you have on hand.
To make the Perfect Peanut Noodles, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Perfect Peanut Noodles
Combine garlic, ginger, peanut butter, and water
Add in 1 tablespoon Thai black soy sauce or 1 teaspoon Chinese dark soy sauce plus ½ - 1 teaspoon sugar to taste, 2 teaspoons light soy sauce, 2 teaspoons fish sauce (alternatively, use vegan fish sauce), and ½ teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 2 teaspoons chili oil if using and whisk until smooth.
Combine noodles and sauce