For the chicken:
- 2 tbsp Olive oilplus more for brushing the pan
- 1 tbsp Lemon zestfrom1 medium lemon
- 1 tbsp Lemon juicefreshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Black pepperfreshly ground
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Buttermilkwell-shaken low-fat
- 6 (6-8 oz) Chicken Breastboneless, skinless
For the peach, tomato, and sweet onion salsa:
- 3 Peachesmedium , small dice , about 1½ cups
- 2 Tomatoesmedium, small dice , about 1 cup
- ½ Sweet onionsmedium , small dice , about ½ cup
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Lemon juicefreshly squeezed
For the garnish:
- ¾ cup Pecanscoarsely chopped , about 3 ounces, toasted
Buttermilk Chicken with Peach Salsa
This Buttermilk Chicken with Peach-Tomato Salsa is a delicious summer meal. I love the combination of chicken with fruit so this fruity salsa ticks all my boxes! It’s really versatile too – you can serve this with a fresh green salad or a baked potato if you’re feeling hungry.
Start by making a buttermilk marinade for the chicken. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and leave for at least 12 hours! Make a peach and tomato salsa while the chicken marinates. Grill the chicken until golden all over. To serve, top the grilled chicken breasts with salsa and pecan nuts.
To make my version of Buttermilk Chicken with Peach-Tomato Salsa, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Buttermilk Chicken with Peach Salsa
Now I know what am preparing for next lunch. Thanks for sharing!
Write your own review