- 1½ cups Brown rice
- 2¾ cups Water
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup Lime juiceplus more to taste
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1½ tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Chipotle powder(sub with smoked paprika + cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Cuminpowder
- ½ tsp Garlic powderor 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 Green bell pepperdiced
- 1 Red bell pepperdiced
- 1 Red onionchopped
- 1 can 14 oz Corn kernelsdrained
- 1 can / 14 oz Black beansdrained and rinsed
- 3 Tomatoeswatery seeds removed then diced
- 1 cup Cilantrocoriander/cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
Cowboy Rice Salad
Move over Miss Daisy, this Cowboy Rice Salad is coming through. Using authentic Southwestern flavors like lime juice, honey, chipotle, cumin and garlic and salad ingredients of colorful bell peppers, red onions, corn kernels, black beans and juicy tomatoes.
This salad bowl is definitely a top favorite! Don’t forget to mix in some fresh coriander leaves, for that real Southern taste.
To make Cowboy Rice Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Cowboy Rice Salad?
Steps to make Cowboy Rice Salad
Thank you! Approved!
Write your own review