- ½ tsp Olive oil
- 2 Egg whitesdivided, lightly beaten
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbsdivided
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheesedivided, grated
- ¼ tsp Black pepperdivided
- ¼ tsp Parsleydried, flakes
- 4 slices Eggplants½ inch thick
- Cooking spray
- 8 oz 95% Lean ground beef
- ⅛ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ cup Marinara sauceheated
- ¼ cup Mozzarellashredded part skim
- 1 cup Basil
Open-Face Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches
Open-Face Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches are something I make fairly regularly as they are easy, delicious and very filling. These are like a healthy alternative to burgers. Instead of a burger bun, I make baked breaded eggplant which is a crisp alternative to a bread bun.
To make these, I dip eggplant slices in egg white and a panko crumb. While the eggplant is cooking, I make beef patties using ground beef, panko, Parmesan, pepper, garlic powder, and a beaten egg white. I grill the patties and serve these “burgers” on eggplant with marinara sauce, topped with arugula and parmesan. Yum!
To make my Open-Face Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how do you make Open-Face Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches?
Steps to make Open-Face Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches
Heat the oven and prepare a baking sheet
Coat the eggplant in breadcrumbs
Bake the eggplant
Make the beef patties
Cook the patties