- 1 lb Chicken Breastboneless skinless, cut into large cubes
- Kosher Saltto taste
- Black pepperfreshly ground, to taste
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin Olive oilplus more for drizzling
- 3 Garlic cloveminced
- 1 tbsp Parsleychopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more leaves for garnish
- 8 Wooden skewerssoaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1 French baguettecut into cubes
Italian Chicken Skewers
These Italian Chicken Skewers are a delicious barbecue recipe. The chicken is slathered in a delicious marinade of tomato paste, olive oil, lots of garlic, and fresh parsley. Once marinated, thread the chicken on skewers with baguette cubes. I love to serve these skewers alongside grilled potatoes.
To make these skewers, start by seasoning chicken with salt and pepper. Make the marinade by combining tomato paste, olive oil, garlic cloves, and chopped parsley in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to fully coat. Chill for a while. Thread chicken and bread onto skewers. Drizzle with olive oil and season again with salt and pepper. Grill until the chicken is cooked through and the bread is slightly charred. Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
To make my version of Italian Chicken Skewers, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Italian Chicken Skewers
Heat your grill to medium-high.
Add chicken to skewers
Drizzle with oil and season