- 1 cup Long grain riceuncooked, or basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 ¼ cups Watercold
Italian Dressing Ingredients:
- 5 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ Lemonjuiced
- 1 tbsp Dried Italian seasoningor dried herb mix of oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, sage, red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Garlic pureeor 4 cloves minced
- 8 Sun-dried tomatoeschopped
- 1 Yellow bell pepperdiced
- ½ Cucumberdiced
- 1 Red oniondiced
- ¾ cup Cherry tomatoesor plum tomatoes, quartered
- ¾ cup Sweet corntinned
- ½ cup Olivesgreen or/and black , halved
- 4 tbsp Pine nuts
- 3 tbsp Basilfresh , chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsleyfresh , chopped
- 7 oz Fresh Mozzarella Ballchopped
Italian Style Rice Salad
Looking to find new ways to eat more vegetables? Fall in love with the deliciousness of this colorful Italian Style Rice Salad! It looks beautiful, it’s budget-friendly, healthy, and it all comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Start out by making the rice. Next, make the dressing. It’s a simple mix of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian dried herbs. Mix this up in a glass jar and shake well. Last up, toss your Italian salad ingredients together and drizzle with the dressing. Serve it up with more fresh herbs and mozzarella. Bite-sized fresh mozzarella balls add just a bit more substance to this salad and turn it into a perfect side salad or a light lunch. Omit mozzarella if you want it vegetarian or vegan.
To make the Italian Style Rice Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Italian Style Rice Salad
Combine the rice with 8 chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1 diced yellow bell pepper, ½ diced cucumber, 1 diced red onion, ¾ cup quartered cherry or plum tomatoes, ¾ cup sweet corn, ½ cup halved green or/and black olives, 4 tablespoons pine nuts, 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley. Add in 7 ounces chopped mozzarella balls if using. Pour over the dressing and mix well.